[pmwiki-users] jspspellcheck - update

Seth Cherney sethcherney at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 11:45:18 CST 2006

I am still trying to get jspspellcheck to work (I suppose there are not too many people in hosted environments, since otherwise this would be more popular).

I have managed to add a form name to the form, to conform to the syntax of jspspellcheck (name=editform).
I can call the script outside of pmwiki.

IS THERE an issue of permissions for the script?  will pmwiki disallow this for some reason?  On click, nothing happens, no error messages, but no execute.

This is the script portion I have right now in spellcheck.php (in cookbook):

<script language='javascript' type='text/javascript' src='$PubDirUrl/jspspellcheck/jspspellcheck/spellcheck-caller.js'></script>
<script language='javascript' type='text/javascript' >
<!--

    function spellCheck(){
    var elements;[elements.length] = new Array(0);
    elements;[elements.length] = document.editform.text;
    startSpellCheck('$PubDirUrl/jspspellcheck/jspspellcheck/', elements ); THIS COULD BE WRONG orig was: (jspspellcheck/', elements );
}

// -->
</script>
In the called js, there is the constant baseUrl.  not sure if this will be part off the problem:

function startSpellCheck( baseUrl, /* Array of Form Elements */ elements )

openCenteredWindow( baseUrl + 'spellcheck-entry.jsp' + params, 300, 200 );

Thanks, Seth

http://mail.yahoo.com