[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Re: Http 404 with IE, forumstyled, new topic

Florian Fischer Flori-Fischer at gmx.net
Sun Dec 17 13:32:53 CST 2006

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:31:46 +0100
Von: "Florian Fischer" <Flori-Fischer at gmx.net>
An: Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk>
Betreff: Re: [pmwiki-users] Http 404 with IE, forumstyled, new topic

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:20:17 +0000
Von: Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk>
An: "L. Bell" <labellz at earthlink.net>

> Sunday, December 17, 2006, 4:59:25 PM, L. wrote:
>
> > What could cause this - that IE can create new non-forum pages, but
> > not forum topic pages?
>
> Yes you are right, I can see this problem too.
> Can you confirm that the problem originates with newpageboxplus or
> commentboxplus or forumstyled, by running a test where you do not
> include those scripts in config.php?
>
> I just did this and I still get the error trying to open a
> non-existing page.
> Testing method: I open a wiki page with IE.
> Then I append some numbers to the url in the address bar, and press
> enter, asking IE to load a page which I know does not exist (in any
> group). I get the "Page not found" error, instead of the pmwiki "page
> not found" dialog (which asks politely if you want the page to be
> created). - But I don't get this error doing it on pmwiki.org. - I am
> puzzled.
>

> Hans

Hello,

at least i'm not the only one facing this problem. I've posted exactly this problem two or three weeks ago, but obviously anybody has noticed this problem before. The strange thing about this problem is, that from times to times (really only a few times, it works, but then just one time). And what is really strange is another fact. I have two sites running with exactly the same configuration and usage of recipes. In the second one it works perfectly and in the other one appears the reported problem.

So hopefully someone will find a solution.

Regards,

Florian