[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sun Dec 17 07:39:13 CST 2006

marc said...
> > Hans said...
> > > I like to announce the release of a new recipe, called Fox:
> > > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Fox
> >
> > Looks good, but I can't get it to write messages. I'm using your
> > CommentBox example for testing.
> >
> > Here's what I have:
> >
> > test page: field/Testing.CommentBox
> > contents (copied from your site unchanged):
> >
> > (:fox comments template=CommentBoxTemplate:)
> > || ||'''Your Message''' ||
> > || ||(:input textarea text cols=60 rows=6:) ||
> > checked:) or Private [[CommentsPrivate]]:(:input radio target
> > Fox.CommentsPrivate Private:) ||
> > submit post Enter:) ||
> > (:foxend comments:)

> It returns: Permission denied to edit Fox.Comments

Okay, mea culpa, I should have paid a bit more attention to:

  (:input radio target Fox.Comments Public checked:)

Now that I've changed this to:

  (:input radio target Comments Public checked:)

the file: Testing.Comments is written. That's the good news. However,
while I can view Testing.Comments as a regular PmWiki page, I cannot get
it to display on the same page as the fox form, despite trying all the
placement options.

Finally, I only seem to be able to post when logged in. Is this correct?
The docs say: "By default users are allowed to post, even if they have
no page edit rights. Set $FoxAuth = 'edit'; to restrict posting to those
with edit rights."

--
Best,
Marc