[pmwiki-users] Another problem with ChessMarkup (or (:markup:)?) (was: Re: Bug report for Cookbook/ChessMarkup)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Dec 13 07:53:04 CST 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 01:23:17PM +0100, Christian Bartolomaeus wrote:
> Having a closer look at
>
>   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ChessMarkup
>
> I just noticed another problem. It seems that the (:chessboard:)
> markup doesn't play well with the (:markup:) directive.
> If one inserts (:chessboard:) directly before the (:markup:) directive
> everything works fine.
>
> It's not very important to me, but maybe you can take a closer look
> whether there is a problem with the (:chessboard:) or the (:markup:)
> directive?

The problem is that the (:markup:) directive is handled long
before any of the chess notation or other markups, so when
it gets converted to HTML none of the moves outside of (:markup:)
have been processed yet.

If the moves are put inside of (:markup:), or the (:chessboard:)
notation is moved outside of (:markup:), then everything works
fine.

I think that this is due to a long-ago change to the way that
(:markup:) is being processed, but I'm not sure of a good fix for
it -- I'll have to think about it a bit.