[pmwiki-users] File in Wiki.d is not seen

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Dec 7 02:44:03 CST 2006

Using Zapdata here trying to get datapage to auto generate new pages.

(: input datapage="TODOs-{Project}.test":)

Ok, I got it to work, once, or so it seemed. But my page list

(:pagelist group=TODOs*:)

Did not return the new page as expected
So, I examine wiki.d filelist:
Behold! Lo Yonder: we see a file!

TODOs-LandManagement.test

I open that in a raw text editor... yes... Zapdata content is there, the
format
of the raw PMwiki source text looks all perfect, standard...

So, why doesn't PMwiki see it?  I'm thinking,
  "Oh, I'm new to pagelists and I must not have
that wildcard thing right...Let me test with a hard coded link."

Manually enter to a page:  [[TODOs-LandManagement.test]]

But instead of PMwiki recognizing the existence of that file, we get
the question mark for new page creation. Hmmm doesn't make  sense.. in
the past I have
dragged and dropped entire groups of pages from one  wiki.d to another.
and PMwiki sees them immediately.

I think "OK, dynamic creation of a page doesn't mean PMwiki has re-scanned
wiki.d, must be some Global is not poked."  I quit my browser, login to
the wiki
again... page is *still* not recognized as present.
any clues?  are groups names not supposed to have a "-" dash in them?
Does  PMwiki have some convention we are breaking
with initial char capitals to words, where use of ALLCAPS- is not best
practice?

Om shanti
Sivakatirswami