[pmwiki-users] pagelist fatal error

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 4 14:25:17 CST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 11:46:26AM -0800, Brent Zupp wrote:
> Rec'd the following error when using pagelist directive:
>
> Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 35 bytes) in /path/to/pmwiki/scripts/pagelist.php</b> on line
> 485

PHP is running out of memory.  Many PHP installations are
configured to limit themselves to 8MB of RAM, and pagelist
can quickly run into this limit for sites that have large
numbers of pages (especially if pagelist is having to
sort or filter pages where it has to load large amounts of
information into memory).

To see that this is the case, take a look at the
memory_limit parameter in ?action=phpinfo.

However, your site only seems to have 435 pages, so I'm
not exactly sure why it would be running out of memory
based on that.  What's the (:pagelist:) command you're using?

It might also be the size of the page being displayed that
is hogging memory, but that seems unlikely somehow.