[pmwiki-users] Clean URLs .htaccess mod_rewrite problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 4 11:07:48 CST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 01:27:01PM -0000, marc wrote:
> marc said...
> > [...]
> > Can someone please advise on the correct way to do this. Thanks.
>
> For everyone who has been thrilled to follow this tale, I thought you
> might like to know that I found the solution.
>
>   RewriteCond $1 !/$
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}/ -d
>   RewriteRule (.+) $1/ [N]
>
> This is okay for each field too, in a regular farm setup.
>
> Should this go in the docs?

Probably not, unless it's something that is really needed by lots
of people.  The CleanUrls recipe has been worked and reworked many
times, and it's probably best not to muck with it too much.
Thanks for thinking of this, though.

Also, fwiw, the way I would've handled the auxbuss.com -> www.auxbuss.com
issue would be to put a redirect in .htaccess, and/or to explicitly
set PmWiki's $ScriptUrl variable to always use the www.auxbuss.com
address.