[pmwiki-users] AuthUser and DefaultGroup and farmconfig

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sun Dec 3 07:28:43 CST 2006

Mikael Nilsson said...
> I'm sure this must have been asked before.
>
> I'm having a problem with a DefaultGroup and DefaultName setting that
> will not stick. I think I know why - essentially, the first call to
> ResolvePageName is made in authuser.php, which I call *before* setting
> any of them.
>
> Now, I'm sharing admins across a set of fields in a farm, and they are
> configured in farmconfig.php, and thus the call to authuser.php is made
> there.
>
> The DefaultGroup/Name is set in a field's config.php, thus after
> authuser.php is called, resulting in the default page being wrong
>
> Any hints on what to do?

What I did (following Pm's advice) was create a file that performs the
name changes, then include it before calling authuser.php. This file can
sit in field/local

That is, in farmconfig.php

  if (file_exists("local/fieldconfig.php"))
    include_once("local/fieldconfig.php");

  include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

And field/local/fieldconfig.php looks something like:

<?php
	$DefaultGroup = 'Marc';
	$DefaultName  = 'Notes';
	$DefaultPage  = 'Marc.Notes';