[pmwiki-users] Site.ApprovedUrls default permissions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Aug 29 15:35:50 CDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 09:23:58PM +0200, Dominique Faure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Setting up from scratch a new site-wide password protected wiki, I
> enabled the url approbation mecanism as usual:
>
> include_once('scripts/urlapprove.php');
> $UnapprovedLinkCountMax = 10;
>
> and found that I couldn't approve any links with the edit password as
> expected by the default configuration...
> ...until I found that the Site.ApprovedUrls write attribute should be
> set to '@_site_edit'.
>
> Couldn't it be done automatically by 'scripts/urlapprove.php' or added
> to the documentation?

Probably needs to be added to the documentation.  The default
configuration, where only the admin has url approval capabilites,
is probably the best one.  I'm not sure it's correct to default
approval to everyone with site edit privileges (especially since
the default site edit policy is no password at all).