[pmwiki-users] Automated WikiTrails.

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 10:31:28 CDT 2006

--- Stirling Westrup <sti at pooq.com> wrote:

> Thats exactly what I want to do. The problem is that
> on a page named
> StoryOne-04, I need to have a pagelist entry that
> looks like this:
>
> (:pagelist list=chapters name=StoryOne-*
> fmt=#storytrail:)
>
> How do I automatically generate 'name=StoryOne-*'
> from when {$Name} is
> 'StoryOne-04'? I thought I could do it with extended
> page vars, but it
> doesn't work.

If you use the HttpVariables recipe, you can pass the
StoryOne- as a URL argument like this:

 ?Story=StoryOne-

which you then can plugin to your pagelist like this:

  (:pagelist list=chapters name={$?Story}*
fmt=#storytrail:)

Also, look at the DynamicWikiTrails recipe (not to be
confused with the DynamicTrails Recipe which you are
already using) for more ideas.

-Martin