[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 14, Issue 132

Ben Stallings Ben at InterdependentWeb.com
Mon Aug 28 09:20:21 CDT 2006

> i think my question is gone lost. I?d like to know if it is normal, that when installing UserAuth the loginform appears automatically and no reading is possible without logging in. It?s a quite easy thing, but it has cost me a lot of time.
> Florian
Hi, Florian!  It sounds like you don't have a Guest User defined.  In
your config.php, ideally before you require_once userauth.php, you
should have a line that looks like,
$GuestUsername = 'GuestUser';
Then go to the UserAuth admin (?action=admin) and check that GuestUser's
abilities are set to
read
That should do the trick!  --Ben