[pmwiki-users] Core and question marks

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Aug 27 10:41:01 CDT 2006

According to the recipe at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RemoveQuestionMark

"If you want all links to non-existent pages in specific groups (even
when linked to [from] outside of these groups), to continue to link to
the non-existent page, and to not link to the edit-page, you will have
to patch your pmwiki.php."

I really don't want to have to hack pmwiki.php, as I try to keep up
with every four or five upgrades.

Is there another way?  And if not is there a chance the code there
could be added to core?  I think it fits in with PmWiki design
philosophy #5--that it should be easy to upgrade, and allow maximum
configurability .

Another possibility might be to put together a couple lines in a local
config file that says something like the following:

if (target group = ???) {
   $LinkPageCreateFmt = "<a href='\$PageUrl'>\$LinkText?action=browse</a>";
   }

Of course this may not be possible in light of the recipe info above.

Cheers,
Caveman