[pmwiki-users] Using PmWiki for authoring a book

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Fri Aug 25 22:11:48 CDT 2006

On Saturday, 26 August 2006 7:02 AM, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
>On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Tom Backer Johnsen wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions as to how to set the thing up?
>
>Further down the road you should have a look at John Rankin's recipe for
>converting wiki pages to beatifully typeset PDF's via LaTeX. (I'm CC:ing
>him because I can't remember the name of the recipe right now and he might
>have some tips on how to set up the site to make the generation of the
>book easy).

I am just looking at the first test of a brand new 'book template',
which typesets page collections in a book style. It's stunning. It
supports a preface, aphorisms at the start of each chapter, a choice
of chapter styles, contents page, and so on. It will be released
"soon" as an update to the current recipe and typesetting server.

Meanwhile, the cookbook recipe is PublishPDF and it supports single
and multi-wikipage pdf output.

To generate a multi-wikipage output, you set up a wiki trail page
and add a (:typeset:) directive to the trail page. Later, you will
be able to change this to (:typeset-book:).

For more information, see http://www.wikipublisher.org/

--
JR
--