[pmwiki-users] Config/upgrade question

David Goadby dg at pixel-plus.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 18:49:59 CDT 2006

Hi,

Like a lot of PmWiki users I just use it in it's as-delivered form and
rarely get too deeply involved. For me it does what it says on the tin.

However, I do like to keep up to date with the upgrades and here is my
problem - unless I am missing something: I change a few of the settings in
pmwiki.php (default group, default name etc) and also a few items in
\local\config.php. How do I preserve my settings in such a way as the
upgrade can be done without having to re-edit the config files afterwards?

My comment on the "commercial" issue is that I don't see how we can lose. If
the original creators get some reward for all of the work put in (we have
all got to eat) and we still get a "free" (yes, I donated too) high quality
and well regarded wiki then it's a win-win.

Regards

David