[pmwiki-users] Nofify workflow

Tom celok at gmx.net
Fri Aug 25 05:15:10 CDT 2006

Hi all,

i have a question regarding Notify:

How does it work? ;)

Problem is, that it does flood me on some days with emails (ca. 500),
while on most days it works just fine (i did set the setting to mail me
once a day)

To be more specific: i have a productive environment, and one testing.
The productive works ok, but the testing one floods me now and then. It
seems to also send a mail everytime a page is acessed.

However i can not explain this behavior, as the settings seems to be
just fine:

Working installation: (modified - is on a intranet)
> $EnableNotify=1;
> $NotifyFrom = 'web <web at tld.intern>';
> $NotifyItemFmt = " * \$FullName . . . \$PostTime by \$Author . . . \$PageUrl";
> $NotifyTimeFmt = '%d.%m.%Y - %H:%M';
> $NotifySubjectFmt = "[Changes to Web pages]";
> $NotifySquelch = 86400;
> $NotifyDelay = 0;

Flooding envir: (modified - is on a intranet)
> $EnableNotify=1;
> $NotifyFrom = 'webtest <webtest at tld.intern>';
> $NotifyItemFmt = " * \$FullName . . . \$PostTime by \$Author . . . \$PageUrl";
> $NotifyTimeFmt = '%d.%m.%Y - %H:%M';
> $NotifySubjectFmt = "[Changes to WebTest pages]";
> $NotifySquelch = 86400;
> $NotifyDelay = 0;

Does someone have an idea?

--