[pmwiki-users] multiple values for a single form element

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 18:12:05 CDT 2006

--- Ben Stallings <Ben at InterdependentWeb.com> wrote:
> and both boxes are checked and the form is submitted
> via method=get, the
> data string will look like
>
> ?potato=yellow&potato=red

The way I've always handled this in PHP is with URLs
like this:

?potato[]=yellow&potato[]=red

You can then get to them in the potato array.

(although the [] characters are probably illegal in a
URL, encode them first)

> For example, if my form contains
>
> (:input checkbox potato yellow:)Yellow (:input
> checkbox potato red:)Red

I'm not sure if this will work, but to use the above
idea, it would need to look like this

(:input checkbox potato[] yellow:)Yellow
(:input checkbox potato[] red:)Red

-Martin