[pmwiki-users] Google Analytics

Stephan Schildberg schildberg at scoid.de
Wed Aug 23 11:46:15 CDT 2006

Although I use it very early on in November in one of this wonderful
Wiki, I would not recommend it to everybody straight forward.
Sure, I would be more lucky to implement an independent solution, to
which only me has access.
Google Analytics helped me a lot to teak that website and to predict
marketing related strategies.
It is clear to me, that with this right I give to Google, they can build
an even more gigantic prediction system, which will enable them to be
the most powerful analyst worldwide. I would not waste not that
correlation ability, if I had it.

As soon, as I have the possibility to switch to an os software, running
on my server, I am off.
PmWiki, at least for me appeared (because I cannot prove it), to be
clean and independent from any commercial power, beside Patrick's own
intentions. This was a 'good feeling', is a good image for this
software, now will slightly vanish.

To insert the javascript from GA, was one of the easiest changes/recipes
so far I did apply. I can think better of a whole packet, where all
those commercial applications, inclusively mapping app's etc (btw,  I
more suggest the API of the upcoming OpenStreetMap -Projekt, which
really is os and NOT dependent on any ad's), can be bundled together,
why not a whole Google sampler?

regards, Stephan.