[pmwiki-users] ldap authentication & active directory

Michael Brenner mik.admin at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Aug 23 01:59:42 CDT 2006

Hi Gregory,

Password required? Difficult thing to keep passwort secret and well protected.
If you are a bit familiar to PHP look at this page and figure out.

http://de2.php.net/manual/de/function.ldap-bind.php

I'm not much familiar with LDAP too, but what I see at first look is that you
don't hab something like >?uid<. This specifies what entry is looked up for
name in authform. Also uid should be default

Greetings

----
from http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUser
$AuthUser['ldap'] = 'ldap://ldap.example.com/ou=People,o=example?uid';

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html#examples

 The next example is similar to the previous one, but it uses the common name
instead of the UID. Note that this could be problematical if multiple people
in the directory share the same cn, because a search on cn  must return
exactly one entry. That's why this approach is not recommended: it's a better
idea to choose an attribute that is guaranteed unique in your directory, such
as uid.

AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap.airius.com/ou=People, o=Airius?cn
require valid-user