[pmwiki-users] Fwd: any solution to get a full customizable login prompt ?

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Aug 20 08:55:32 CDT 2006

Actually this is exactly the problem.  My custom login form
authenticates and goes straight to the Members Area.  But if someone
clicks some other password protected page, or tries to edit a page,
etc., using a redirect will forward them to my form, log them in and
then send to the members area.  Not where they were originally
heading.

As an experiment, I tried replacing Site.AuthForm with my login form.
It called it up fine, and logged me in, but still forwarded me to the
Members Area, not the page requested. Then I discovered, while it
authenticated me and logged me in as a user, it did not recognize the
admin password I used.  That is, I was only a logged in user.  When I
tried to go back and change the Site.AuthForm back, I found myself
locked out!

A bit nervous, I stripped off all my passwords, but still could not
get into the Site.AuthForm, realizing it was locked by default.
Finally, more worried, I created a new page, reconstructed the
Site.AuthForm contents and used that page to login and get my admin
permissions back and fixed things up. Sigh of relief...

As a result I have two questions:

1) How does one not only log a user in, but give all permissions
appropriate to their password.  Using  AuthUserId($pagename,
$_POST['Member']); does the first but not the second.

2) Can someone explain exactly how Site.AuthForm works in terms of
remembering the page it is supposed to go to and then going there
after authentication?  Is it some variable I could use in my recipe/form to
set the nextpage?

Cheers,
Caveman