[pmwiki-users] Sidebars per Group

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Sun Aug 20 08:12:48 CDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 02:38:53PM +0200, Ben wrote:
> On 8/19/06, Pico <pmwiki at ben-amotz.com> wrote:
> I ended up using Katskin as a base now, it's quite good !

Thank you!

> Liked the fact that it optionally automatically lists the Groups in the menu
> plus it has the breadcrumbs in the spot I want them to be, and it hides
> the wiki-actions to the normal viewer ( CMS mode ).

8-)

> Any quick idea on how to remove the pagename as a header for each page?
> I'll have headers in pages to be custom and different for this site,
> different from the URL/autocreated name.

Okay, I'm not entirely clear what you mean by this, I can think of two
possible answers.

If you want to change the *contents* of the header so that it isn't the
page name (the page name is the default content of the header) then you
can use the (:title :) directive.  The contents of the title directive
are used for the <title> tag of the page, and the header of the page.

To give an example, if you have a page Foo then its default header (and
title) will be "Foo".

If, on the page you give

(:title The Foos of Manchuria:)

then the header (and title) will now be "The Foos of Manchuria".

However, if you want the header not to be displayed at all, then you
need to use the (:noheader:) directive in that page; that prevents the
header from being displayed.

Kathryn Andersen