[pmwiki-users] Skin-specific Wiki Pages

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Sat Aug 19 18:08:35 CDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 03:53:23PM -0700, Andrew Standfield wrote:
> If I wrote a .tmpl page to have a part in it that said something like
> <!--wiki:Site.NonStandardPage--> how do I supply Site.NonStandardPage
> to the end user? Where do I put it in the directory I give to them?

What I did (though I'm not sure whether this is the "correct" way) was
to create a Site.MenuBar page in my own wiki, and then create a
wikilib.d directory in pub/skins/katskin, and (from the command-line)
move the pmwiki/wiki.d/Site.MenuBar page to
pmwiki/pub/skins/katskin/wikilib.d/Site.MenuBar

I also added to katskin.php the code to make PmWiki read the wikilib.d
directory when looking for wiki pages.

## automatic loading of skin default config pages
global $WikiLibDirs, $SkinDir;
    $where = count($WikiLibDirs);
    if ($where>1) $where--;
    array_splice($WikiLibDirs, $where, 0,
        array(new PageStore("$SkinDir/wikilib.d/\$FullName")));

I stole this code from someone else's skin, so I can't say that I
understand it fully, but I think what it does is add the wikilib.d
directory in your skin directory to the end of the array which contains
the directories where PmWiki looks for wiki pages.

Kathryn Andersen