[pmwiki-users] Blog, multiple entries per day / Blogging support

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 11:38:42 CDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Iain D. Brown <iain at iainbrown.net> wrote:
> My only need now, and this is the question I wish to ask of the
> list, is how to display only a couple of sentences of a blog entry
> and have a "Read more..." link automatically inserted.
>
> Do any of the other blog recipes provide this 'summary' feature?

You can do this with either BlogSimple or BlogSimple2, but you'd need to:

1) Figure out how to count the number of lines in a post and make a
page variable like PostLinesCount or something
2) Edit the pagelist template so that (:include {=$FullName}:) was
something like (:include {=$FullName} lines=5:)
3) After that, use something like (:if PostLinesCount >
5:)[[{=$FullName} | More...]]

Jon