[pmwiki-users] How to strip wiki tags from action=source

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Fri Aug 18 10:21:38 CDT 2006

This very thread stems from a still alive
"Email response management system" thread, the results of which,
though humble, seems encouraging to me [please visit
http://www.kirpi.it/kirpimail/ajaxcars/index4 (it's a test page)].

Is there a way to gather the "text" within a page, stripped from its
wiki markup?
The best we could do is to combine "action=source" with an empty skin
containing just a <!--PageText-->.
So that
http://www.kirpi.it/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Mail.HomePage becomes
http://www.kirpi.it/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Mail.HomePage?skin=blank?action=source
But yet the text you get is not ready to be used within an email.

How is it possible to "clean" the body of the page from the wiki markup?
Maybe is it possible to create a modified "action=source", or perhaps
there are even easier options?

Luigi