[pmwiki-users] Help: still having problems with CleanURLs!

phenotype immunophenotype at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 16:11:02 CDT 2006

Hi PmWiki folks,

I still haven't been able to get the example .htaccess files to work
at all to get nice, clean URLs. I keep getting 404 errors whenever I
try to access any page, and I just get a directory listing when I go
to the directory PmWiki is in, and as far as I can tell everything is
set up right.

The .htaccess file is copied straight from the cookbook and the
addresses are replaced with the ones I use, and the config.php file
is also appropriately modified. I currently have my wiki install
stuck in telluridehouse.org/wiki/pmwiki, so it's closer to the /
~someuser/pmwiki example in the cookbook, but the .htaccess file
doesn't seem to do anything. I know mod_rewrite is on and
that .htaccess is enabled, because my WordPress installation in my
root directory is working fine. I'm really at a total loss. Could
anyone with a similar configuration perhaps send me a copy of a
working .htaccess file?

This is my current .htaccess file, in the same directory as the
pmwiki.php script as per Example 1 in the cookbook:

# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# Define the rewrite base.
RewriteBase /wiki/pmwiki
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

My rewrite.log file says this:

[08/Aug/2006:17:03:38 --0400] [www.telluridehouse.org/sid#97275c8]
[rid#984d8f0/initial] (1) [per-dir /var/www/html/] pass through /var/
www/html/wiki/pmwiki/

Thanks so much for your help, I really hope that I can get this
figured out this time, because I'd like to get this wiki in
production by the end of the week.