[pmwiki-users] Mail support form - what to use MailForm or Forms?

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Aug 7 14:33:53 CDT 2006

I would be very interested in having this added to the FAST Data
recipe.  Perhaps you could add a few lines to that recipe to
accomplish it--as it already is designed to be a flexible extension to
the regular forms markup.

My thought would be to simply add a hidden field to indicate it is to
be mailed out--and then a corresponding "case" which does that.  (I'm
already thinking the recipe should be redesigned to put the data save
section within the "action" case, so it only posts fields listed up to
that point--much cleaner). By simply adding a different hidden field
(emailthis) it could email the same data string to your email address.
Thus, the same form data could be emailed or saved and countless
configurations in between.

Of course, a separate action could be set up for emails, but I like
the flexibility of being able to do both.

If you don't have time to do this Pm, I'd be happy to take a swing at
it if you could recommend a sample recipe or two to look at as a model
for sending emails in a recipe.

Cheers,
Caveman