[pmwiki-users] nesting divs and tables

Andrew Standfield andy at scruffyco.com
Mon Aug 7 11:58:12 CDT 2006

Okay... now I can't get this out of my head. It seems to me that all
of the nesting problems stem from how the markup works to be non-
verbose for ease of authorship. In a wiki environment, that's great.
It's definitely what wiki is about. Which is why I don't understand
the need to do this whole (:div2:) business. It seems like it would
be confusing, and complicated. I could easily see people believing
that the number is just the id property of the div.

Wouldn't an easier solution be to create a more direct mark up that
would not have the auto-completion associated with current markup.
Something like (:div/:) would crate an opening <div> and would need
to be completed with a (:/div:) (creating the </div>).

Andy Standfield
http://www.vertigo25.com/
http://www.ipodnirvana.com/