[pmwiki-users] Attachment size

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Thu Aug 3 21:42:03 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 11:00:27AM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
>
> At the moment, no.  It really needs a good markup for doing this.
[snip]

>> Maybe it could be solved by an enhanced (:attachlist:) directive -- is
>> there any way of leveraging the (:pagelist:) functionality for
>> attachlists?
>
> Not really, as they're two totally different beasts.  In general,
> attachments aren't the same as PmWiki pages -- i.e., they don't
> have any of the "meta" information that is really needed to get
> (:pagelist:) to work.

Could attachments be given meta information and made to work with pagelists?

What I have in mind is a way to make pagelist templates work better with
images.  (Attached, and referenced by fully qualified address).  Perhaps
that doesn't require meta information.  But maybe you can provide some
guidance about whether something further is required to get pagelist
templates to combine images in linking markup.

For example, if I want a pagelist to display thumbnails from image pages
and have those thumbnails act as links to the image page, its not
necessarily an easy or straightforward task: you can include images,
style thumbnails, and make links in pagelist templates, but combining an
image with a thumbnail appears to be tricky (at best).  Having failed to
solve that, I ended up with a workaround where the thumbnails and their
links are placed in the description page variable of every image page,
which are then called by the template within a single div.

See Test/EasyGallery

Pico