[pmwiki-users] Really odd bug ...

Seana Baruth sbaruth at live365.com
Fri Apr 28 18:59:18 CDT 2006

I have a problem that I can't seem to beat.

When I put plain text in the wiki, some words render as links to new pages,
even though the word is not surrounded by [[]].

It seems to happen most with words that are ALL CAPs, or have caps in the
middle of them (like MP3 and MusicMatch).

You can see what's happening if you look at this paragraph in my wiki:

----------
Rip
To "rip a CD" is to copy the audio tracks from a CD onto a computer's hard
drive. The resulting files are in a format known as WAV files. In order to
use these audio files to broadcast at Live365, a broadcaster must encode the
WAV files into the MP3? format. Studio365 does this automatically. For more
information on ripping, please refer to the Studio365 section of our
website. Many programs are available that will "rip" CDs?, including XING,
iTunes, AudioCatalyst? and many others. Some programs, like XING,
MusicMatch?, and iTunes, rip songs from the CD and encode your songs into
MP3? format all in one step. It is very important to take care to follow the
ripping process precisely, to ensure optimum audio quality for listeners.

-----------

All the words above that have ? After them are rendering as new page links.

Here is the text I entered to create this paragraph:

-----------
!!!Rip
To "rip a CD" is to copy the audio tracks from a CD onto a computer's hard
drive. The resulting files are in a format known as WAV files. In order to
use these audio files to broadcast at Live365, a broadcaster must encode the
WAV files into the MP3 format. Studio365 does this automatically. For more
information on ripping, please refer to the Studio365 section of our
website. Many programs are available that will "rip" CDs, including XING,
iTunes, AudioCatalyst and many others. Some programs, like XING, MusicMatch,
and iTunes, rip songs from the CD and encode your songs into MP3 format all
in one step. It is very important to take care to follow the ripping process
precisely, to ensure optimum audio quality for listeners.

http://wiki.live365.com/pmwiki.php?n=Help.Glossary

Any idea how to defeat this pesky problem?

Seana