[pmwiki-users] wikiforms question

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Apr 26 19:41:06 CDT 2006

On Thursday, 27 April 2006 12:19 AM, Curtis, Clayton <Clayton.Curtis at va.gov> wrote:
<snip>

>- - - - -
>(:if match ^Contributions.[0-9]{5}$ :)
>[[{$FullName}?action=upload | Click here]] to upload file to attach to
>this page.
>(:if:)
>(:attachlist:)
>- - - - -
>
>Now, however, uploads don't seem to want to work on wikiform pages with
>action=upload. No matter how I do it (triad skin menu action or as part
>of typed-in URL) it results in a hard browser hang immediately after
>entering the upload password.  Uploads work fine everywhere else on the
>site and in the Contributions group on anything other than a form page
>(i.e., anything other than Contributions.00001 for example).  I can even
>add an attachment to the HomePage page holding the (:wikilist:)
>directive or the New page holding the (:wikiform:) directive.

It's either an interaction between uploads and wikiforms or a problem
with numeric pagenames. Try the following test:

- comment out the include wikiform.php in config.php and request an upload

- if it works, there is an unexpected interaction between forms and upload

- if it doesn't work, there is an issue in upload with the numeric name

If necessary, there ought to be a way to modify the forms script
so pagenames can have an optional alphabetic prefix.

>Because I want the attachments to be associated specifically with each
>form, and not with the group, I have uploads configured "per Group / per
>Page".
><snip>

I'm not familiar with the technique for having a separate uploads
directory for each page. As it involves setting $UploadPrefixFmt to
'/$Group/$Name' you could try setting

  $UploadsPrefixFmt = '/$Group/U$Name';

in config.php, so it creates uploads/Contributions/U00001 -- it's
worth a try but I don't know whether this will fix the problem.

--
JR