[pmwiki-users] New Blocklist2 script

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Apr 20 11:57:28 CDT 2006

Reply is inline ...

At 2006-04-20  12:45 PM -0400, Crisses is rumored to have said:
>Having Site.Blocklist & Main.Blocklist:
>1) allows an easy way to have a shared farm blocklist & each "field"
>have separate site-specific blocklists without having to create new
>variables in the config. (this could be documented?)

Each wiki in a farm has its own Site group, so I am not sure how you
can supply a farm-wide blocklist unless the Site group is shared. Or
does your code actually look for something like
$FarmD/Site/Blocklist? (I know this path is incorrect, but you get the idea.)

>2) allows legacy support for people who have Main.Blocklist

Understood, but since admins have to adjust config.php anyway for the
new Enable structure, why not make Main.Blocklist optional with
something like $EnableOldMainBlocklist = 1 ...

That way new installs will only recognize Site.Blocklist and admins
don't have to create and protect the useless Main.Blocklist.

>Feel free to resolve my edit.  I'm on client time and somewhat busy
>today. :/

Editing is complete. Clients are Good Things (TM) if they pay you
money to buy cat food ...    ;-)

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/