[pmwiki-users] Spam:********, Re: Core Spam Blcok Thoughts

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Apr 19 19:23:48 CDT 2006

At 2006-04-19  08:03 PM -0400, Crisses is rumored to have said:
>>Hagan Fox created a version of Blocklist2 which he called "cmsb-
>>blocklist.php".
>
>I don't see Hagan's recipe...wouldn't it be under the Security
>section in the Cookbook?
>
>I based mine on PM's recipe...quite some time ago now.  It needs to
>be gone over and freshened up.
>
>...snip

>I would like to see the differences in how cmsb handles the
>blocklisting.  If his script is better (faster, stronger, more
>powerful than a locomotive), then either I can refer people to it on
>the Blocklist2 page, or incorporate changes back into Blocklist2.

If I remember correctly, Hagan posted it as a "stealth" recipe on his
own server - not sure why he would not want to spread the joy of
defeating spammers.  ;-)

I will let him correct my memory or reveal his secrets to the world.

PM was also being persuaded (I hope) to add some kind of blocklist
functionality to the core, but I am not sure where that stands. I
would never run a mail server that didn't have RBLDNS capability, and
I think Blocklisting is just as essential to PmWiki. It should be
there "out of the box".

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/