[pmwiki-users] Wikiforms questions.

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Apr 18 16:59:10 CDT 2006

On Wednesday, 19 April 2006 5:44 AM, Richard Crane <craner at haskins.yale.edu> wrote:
>Is there a way to get two fields on the same line of a form?

On input, not at the moment. On browse, you can now crate a ViewTemplate page
that lets you display the data any way you wish. Put <fieldname> where you want
the value to go and on action=browse, it will use Group.ViewTemaplate to
determine the layout.

If we add the capability to put 2 fields on the same line in the form...

1. how should these values be stored in the page -- we have to take them
    apart again for editing

2. how does the user know what to put in each field -- or do you envisage
    something like this

Prompt text a [.................] Prompt text b [.....................]

In the past, I have put this in the "too hard" basket.

>Is there a way to have more than one form in a group?

Do you mean 2 sets of numbered pages or one set of pages, but some
use FormA and others use FormB? What exactly are you trying to
achieve?

It is possible to use a group suffix to identify a form template,
so you get Subject-FormA.nnnnn and Subject-FormB.nnnnn
but I can't remember exactly how that works... If that would be
helpful, we can try to figure it out.

I perhaps need to know more about the application to suggest
possible ways to approach it.

--
JR