[pmwiki-users] authuser password denial

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 18 09:46:46 CDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 03:34:40PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> On Site.AuthUser I want to set something like:
>
>          @Groupx: id:*, -Fred
>
> ....    goes away and tries said idea ...
>
> Well, it does appear to work, but none of the docs I have read talk
> about using "-Fred" type syntax for denials. Is this really the way
> things are supposed to work?? (I hope so!)

If it works, I'm not exactly sure how or why it works.
I don't think I put that behavior into authorization groups.

I know that denials *do* work if specified as a password,
thus setting a password to  "id:*,-Fred"  or  "@groupx id:-Fred"
will authorize anyone but Fred.  But I'm not sure if it
works in the @group syntax in Site.AuthUser -- I might have
to look at it more closely to be sure.