[pmwiki-users] Accented characters in links anche page title

Provolik OneKick provolik at yahoo.it
Tue Apr 18 02:07:07 CDT 2006

In PMwiki.php I found MakePageName. If I replace

  SDV($PageNameChars,'-[:alnum:]');

with

  SDV($PageNameChars,'-[[:alnum:]]');

The link appears with the accented letters but I have
a redirection server error when I click.

Has someone some ideas to help me?

Maybe is a server (apache) config variable, or a
php.ini variable, but I don't understand what
variable.

Thanks

ProvoliK

> Hi,
>   I have a problem width the accented characters in
the link
> which generates new pages. Infact if I code (My
PMwiki is in italian
> language):

> [[abilità]]

>It links a new page called 'abilit' without the 'à'
character.

> I try this code I found in the site:

>  if (preg_match('/[\\x80-\\xbf]/',$pagename))
>      $pagename=utf8_decode($pagename);

> But I don't know where to put it exactly (I tried in
the config.php
> but I think it was not a good idea).

> I see that some PMwiki in french or spanish hasn't
this trouble, so I