[pmwiki-users] Page with contents of a list

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Apr 17 20:15:43 CDT 2006

On Monday, 17 April 2006 3:00 AM, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
>On 27 Mar 2006, John Rankin wrote:
>
>> >A way for us to mark sections of the page as teaser would be good.
>> >Simply including the first x words means that we have to change the way
>> >we write.
>> >
>> The (:para PageName#anchor:) markup (part of the MarkupExtensions and
>> PublishPDF recipes) inserts the paragraph on PageName that follows
>> [[#anchor]]. So you could write:
>>
>> [[#teaser]]
>> Which is more dangerous, a present from Zoltar, or a horde
>> of kids waiting for the opening of the Easter Egg hunt in
>Washington DC?
>
>I've got some questions here (I probably used to know this stuff, but
>even so it's probably good to let others know as well):
>
>* How is a paragraph defined/delimited in this context? Is it until
>  there's an empty line in the source, or is it just a single
>line?

it stops reading when it finds either a \n or an invisible stop (`.)
or the end of the page

>* What does (:para SomePage#anchor:) return if SomePage doesn't contain
>  the anchor '#anchor'? Does it return the very first paragraph of the
>  page?

it returns an "anchor not found" message, unless #anchor is the
default teaser anchor (#teaser), in which case it returns the first
paragraph

>* What does (:para SomePage:) do?

it returns the first paragraph (which is how this whole thing
started)

>  Does it assume e.g. #teaser to be the
>  default name of the anchor if you don't specify an anchor
>explicitly?

not at the moment; should it? (you can of course locally redefine
the (:para:) markup rule to use the default teaser anchor if no
anchor is specified)

--
JR