[pmwiki-users] please don't use formatted email

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 06:52:43 CDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, DaveG wrote:

> I actually prefer top-posted replies, or embedded replies. No scrolling
> required (I use Thunderbird). Not sure how other clients represent
> top/bottom posts.

We're all here voluntarily, so to each his own. However, it might be
useful to know that some people (at least I do) sometimes ignore
top-posted entries.  It's not out of spite, it's just that when following
many threads in many lists (or rather, news groups), reading things
"backwards" is too time confusing/consuming. And I absolutetly hate posts
that have a long trail of old replies after them. IMNSHO posts should be
kept short and concise.

Top-posting isn't always a problem (for me at least) - there are
exceptions. If you see everything at a glance, it doesn't matter so much.
Or if you following a thread closely and remember all the previous stuff
clearly. Then "top-posting" will just be a problem for all the people
trying to understand the thread much later when reading the archives.

cheers
/Christian