[pmwiki-users] Windows Media Player question

Octocias octocias at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 13 07:26:50 CDT 2006

Coincidentally, I have been looking at it. I think there are a couple of
errors in the script.

I get exactly the same results as you. But then things improved only
slightly when I converted greater-than and less-than symbols to <, etc..

I have modified the script so that it now generates the CORRECT html markup
code.

I am just stuck with one last problem: The html code is showing in my page,
instead of being USED as html code. What am I missing?

regards,

On 4/13/06, Mark O'Keefe <bmsg32 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I followed as you said and I don't get the error but I am still not quite
> getting this to work.  I have a couple of questions maybe I am thinking
> this
> is going to do it wrong.  First I was wondering is this supposed to be a
> link?  Or is this supposed to do what I was hoping is actually have the
> video playing in the web browser?  Secondly when I write in as it says on
> the wiki page  (:wmplayer attach:pmwiki/cookbook/test.wmv width=100
> height=200:) I just get a link on the my wiki page that is to upload this
> file.  But the test.wmv is already in this folder.  If anyone has any
> suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
>

> >From: Hans <design at softflow.co.uk>
> >To: "Mark O'Keefe" <bmsg32 at hotmail.com>
> >CC: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
> >Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Windows Media Player question
> >Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:38:33 +0100
> >
> >Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 4:47:39 PM, Mark wrote:
> > > I know this is a very beginner question but has anyone used the
> >wmplayer.php
> > > because when I install it and try to put a file in the wiki page I get
> >an
> > > error saying linkupload funtion is not defined.  Does anyone know what
> >this
> > > function does and why I am getting this error.
> >
> >LinkUpload is a function in scripts/upload.php, part of pmwiki.
> >If it is reported as not defined I guess you have not enabled
> >uploads? Enable uploads in config.php with
> >
> >$EnableUpload = 1;
> >
> >and while you are there increase the maximum allowed filesize, it
> >should be pretty huge if you want to upload media files, perhaps
> >at least 10Mb for audio files, and ten times more for video files.
> >Set perhaps
> >$UploadMaxSize = 10000000;
> >
> >and set  a password for uploads:
> >
> >$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('myuploadpassowrdgoeshere');
> >
> >If you have uploads enabled and get the error saying that LinkUpload
> >is not defined then I am mystified and you better ask Pm.
> >

> >Best,
> >  Hans

Octocias
http://www.octocias.com