[pmwiki-users] Pmwiki.org website performance

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Tue Apr 11 18:59:15 CDT 2006

Dominique Faure wrote:
> On 4/11/06, pmwiki at 911networks.com <pmwiki at 911networks.com> wrote:
>> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>>> It has something to do with the server load on pmwiki.org's
>>> server -- I still suspect latency issues in the filesystem.
>>>
>>> Also, something seems to have changed lately with
>>> respect to the speed that pmwiki.org can render pages, but
>>> I haven't figured out what changed or what the cause might
>>> be yet.
>> Why don't you give some more info, we may be able to help.
>>
>> 1. Server, OS
>> 2. Web server
>> 3. PHP
>> 4. Cache?
>>

> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PerformanceComparisons

Details for pmwiki.org:

     * OS: Fedora Core 2, Linux 2.4.20 kernel (VPS environment)
     * Webserver: Apache 1.3.33 w/mod_auth_passthrough,
mod_log_bytes, mod_bwlimited, mod_ssl
     * PHP: 4.3.11, Apache API
     * PmWiki: 2.1.3
     * Approximate number of pages on site: 3600
     * RAM: 512MB
     * Recipes used: various (depends on group/page)

1. Is this still current? Note PM 2.1.3
2. VPS and you have your own 512Mb? How many other servers on
that box?
3. What are the others doing? They could easily explain why
sometimes it's as slow as molasses.
4. Does not show if there something like eaccelerator.

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com