[pmwiki-users] A couple of formatting questions..

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 15:02:41 CDT 2006

Tuesday, April 11, 2006, 7:04:24 PM, Octocias wrote:
> 1. At the bottom of
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiStyleExamples, there is a note
> about how to display a block of preformatted text.

> I would like to know how to use that example without the [@ @] ..
> if I remove those characters, it doesn't know where the block ends.
> How else can I do this? Even better, can you point me to the help on
> "blocks"? I have *searched* but get so many pages. I'm sure one is
> out there.

the [@  .. @] makes it preformatted text, without it the text should
be in one line.

> 2. Where are PmWiki blocks defined.. e.g. %audience%  ?

I think in PmWiki.GroupHeader

> 3. I cannot find what/how >>stylename<< is used. Search doesn't help me here at all.

>> ...<< is the start of  a division.
>>stylename<< is a div with class='stylename'

this class can be defined in css, like in pub/css/local.css,
or it can be a wiki style.
you can use
>>stylename width=400px<<
text in a box
etc etc
>><<
for a box of certain width and style.

There is not much documentation about the use of div markup though.

Best,
 Hans