[pmwiki-users] New user's problem: Edit -> Preview -> Edit removes changes

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 06:18:01 CDT 2006

I was just showing someone pmwiki, and while explaining the preview
function the first thing that happened was the following sequence:

* Click edit link
* Make some changes
* Click preview button
* Look at preview (slightly annoyed it was below the edit form)
* Click on edit link to go back to editing... (using the edit link IIRC)

I've seen this happen repeatedly now with new users... So I think
something could be improved in the GUI here. How about the following idea:

What if the text of the edit link was changed when a page is being
previewed? The text could for instance be changed from 'edit' to 'edit
(discard changes)'. This text isn't really good, but I hope the idea comes
across...

thoughts?
/Christian