[pmwiki-users] Getting strange 403 errors

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Wed Apr 5 21:02:00 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm starting to tear my hair out over this one...

I've been working on my site for months with no real problems.  I launched
it a couple of days ago (created index.php to include pmwiki.php) and now
I'm in the process of adding a lot of content.  I've just added about a
dozen pages with no problems but now something weird is happening.

In an existing group (where I have already been adding pages) some pages
give me the following error when I click "Save" after doing the initial edit
(i.e. create).

Forbidden You don't have permission to access
/pmwiki.php/Issue1/BottleCapLetters on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Now, I can understand that I don't have a 404 page configured at server
level, but what on earth is going on with the "Forbidden"?  I have about six
pages in a set I am working on - none yet added - and I've tried
creating/saving three of them.  Two give this error and one worked just
fine.  This suggests it is not a server or permissions problem as such.
I'm confused and worried now!  Anybody seen this sort of behaviour before?

BTW, the page that created successfully is Issue1/OneStepWonders and the
other page I tried to create which failed was Issue1/FauxScrewHeads - I
don't know if there's something in the names?

--
Allister