[pmwiki-users] RSS Feed Performance Problem?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 5 07:04:35 CDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 01:43:23PM +0200, Sebastian Siedentopf wrote:
> It seems when HandleFeed() calls MakePageList() the latter function
> doesn't make use of the max rss items parameter "count". So
> MakePageLists() processes several thousand pages from the
> AllRecentChangesPages for example.
>
> Shouldn't it read something like this in MakePageList()
>
>     if (@$opt['trail']) {
> 	foreach($trail as $tstop) {
> 	    if (count($list) == @$opt['count']) break;
> 	}
>     }

Not really, because we want to apply 'count=' after all other
criteria have been computed.  For example, with

    (:pagelist trail=SomeTrail order=-time count=10:)

we generally want to get back the ten most recently
modified pages of SomeTrail (the entire trail), as opposed
to simply sorting the first ten pages of the trail by modification
time.