[pmwiki-users] DocumentIndex, wikitrails, premature looping and a suggestion

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 4 12:27:40 CDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 09:53:15AM -0700, Pico wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:31:42AM -0400, Pico wrote:
> > > 1. Specific problem: The DocumentIndex wikitrail appears to be broken by
> > > the loop hack used at the start of the commented links.
> > > [...]
> > For the time being, I suggest just removing the loop from
> > the Documentation Index -- i.e., let the trail continue from the
> > Glossary into the pages in the >>comment<< section.
> >
> > Pm
>
> If we just remove the loop, the trail will only continue until it
> reaches a page that does not include trail markup.  Which, if any, of
> the following, should we change:
>
> 1) remove the current loop from the start of the >>comment<< section
> (to restore the functionality of the first link)

Definitely.

> 2) add trail markup to each of the rest of the pages referenced in the
> >>comment<< section  (to prevent the trail from leading to a page with
> no markup)

I don't see any problem for the Glossary page to lead to the
next one in the list (and not have trail markup).

Or, instead of using trail marukp on the glossary page, just
hardcode the loop directly, as in

    %trail% << ... | [[Documentation Index]] | [[Basic Editing]] >>

> 3) place a new loop at the end of the >>comment<< section (to restore
> the loop, because we can)

I don't think it's necessary (or useful); I don't expect people to
be following the trail through the pages in the comment section.