[pmwiki-users] Authentication groups

OBUTEX / Hladůvka admin at obutex.com
Mon Apr 3 04:32:27 CDT 2006

1) Make  authorization  groups  in your PmWiki project documentation;  say
@upp ...Upper Management
@man ...Management
@users ... Users
@admins ... administrators

2) add to your local/config.php
$Conditions['member'] = '@$GLOBALS["AuthList"][$condparm] > 0';

and delete local/.htpasswd file  (may be is hidden)

3) Use AuthUser and add into Site.AuthUser page lines assigning users
into groups like

*Upper managment
Brown: @upp
Crock: @upp

*Managment
Fox: @man
White: @man

*Users
Beeble: @user
Andre: @user
Twain: @user

*Admins
Myself: @admins

4) Protect the whole site to be accesed to loged in users only by
setting the Read attributes of Site.GroupAttributes to
id:* @admins
and Edit attribute to
@admins

4)set groups attribute or page attributes to
@admins @upp
to be accesed by upper managment only

@admins @upp @man
to be accessed by "upper managment"  and  "managment"  only

id:Andre id:Fox @upp
to Andre, Fox and upper managment only

etc.

Note individuals must be preceed with "id:" . Use spaces or commas ind
the attr list.

You can also assign persons of "upper managment" to "managment"   and
"users" like
Brown: @upp, at man, at users
this creates some kind of hierarchy;  if a page has attr @man then @upp
can access it
Consider the pagelists list only the pages the user is allowed to read -
so if a member of @upp is allowed
to read all pages including pages of @users then the list can be too
long for upper manager's needs.

5) you can filter the page content according to the reader's membership
fo example
(:if member @upp:) info for upper managers only
(:if member @man:) info for managers only
(:if exp member @upp || member @man:) info for upper managers and managers
(:if:)

6) I a user tries to see a protected page it asks the name and password
before he/she is loged in.
As all site is protected, the name and password is asked at the first
access to any page.

If any further question don't hesistate to write me - I spent a lot of
time to tune the it.

Best regards,
Jiri

--