[pmwiki-users] RFC: Core candidate offerings . . .

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Sat Apr 1 02:35:30 CST 2006

On 4/1/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com <christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com>
wrote:

> To me the whitespace also signifies a new pararaph, but I tend to think
> along lines of what-you-see-is-what-you-mean rather than WYSIWYGI. As for
> the appeearance of the output, that's something I'd like to control
> separately from the content. So how about introducing directives that
> enables/disables paragraph separation? (E.g. (:noparskip:) and
> (:parskip:)).  When paragraph separation is enabled, you get a vertical
> space between the paragraphs. When it's disabled, you don't.

I like the phrase 'What you see is what you mean'.  Very apt in Wiki-land.

However, let's not make vertical space a yay-or-nay affair.  My interest is
in controlling *how much* vertical space is shown.

When I launch my site (hopefully within a week or two) I'll post a link to
the page that has been causing me grief and maybe people will get the idea
then.  No space makes it unreadable, full (vspace) spacing makes it
unreadable.  Half space (or thereabouts) makes it just right.  And it is a
very simple layout.

--
Allister