[pmwiki-users] Editing the Password Page

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 30 19:37:04 CDT 2005

On 9/30/05, Jaap Suter <pmwiki at jaapsuter.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I would like to edit the password page so it explains to people without
> the password, what they can do to obtain a password. I searched for the page in
> the wiki.d and wikilib.d directories, but I couldn't find it. The CookBook
> doesn't seem to mention it either, nor do the archives.
>
> Probably I'm overlooking the obvious again, but could somebody tell me how to
> add content to the password page?

Jaap,

By the password page, do you mean the password prompt?

If you only want to add text to the prompt's message, try this:

    XLSDV('en', array('Password required' =>
        "Password required</b> see the <a
         href='\$ScriptUrl/\$SiteGroup/PasswordHelp'>password help</a>
         page.<b> "));

(Substitute your custom message text for the text between </b> and <b>.)

You can also modify the password prompt with

    SDV($AuthPromptFmt,[something]);

See pmwiki.php for the default value of $AuthPromptFmt.

Hagan