[pmwiki-users] case-insensitive Rewrite Rules [was: How use lowercase in Group Names]

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:41:32 CDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 11:57:31AM -0400, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> >
> > RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
> > RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ phwiki.php?n=$1 [QSA,L]
>
> Hmmm, that looks a little suspicious to me.  Why the [^.] there,
> and the trailing $?  I would've expected
>
>     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>     RewriteRule ^(.+) phwiki.php?n=$1 [QSA,L]

Sure enough, that works, and as Patrick mentioned off list, my Rewrite
rule only works with URLs without dotts, so the ReWriteCond didn't
matter, unless of course, you never need to pass anything to PmWiki.
So it appeared to be working to me. However, I just realized I had a
typo in the RewriteCond on my test box casing it to be ignored (that
box is not connected so I couldn't just cut and past therefore the
typo didn't show in my previous emails). Once I fixed the typo and
used Patrick's RewriteRule, it all seems to work. Now if others could
test it too, that would be great.

--
----
Waylan Limberg