[pmwiki-users] User notes a la php.net documentation

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Thu Sep 29 19:13:44 CDT 2005

David Dawkins wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know how to implement the User Contributed Notes feature
> that you can
> see at php.net <http://php.net>?  (Eg
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.expressions.php).
>
> The closest I've seen in the cookbooks is Guestbook, but it's not quite
> the same.
>
> - Each documentation page is uneditable by the public, but they can
> contribute
> notes/tips/corrections etc.
>
> - To add a note, user clicks on "add a note", which takes them to new
> form, very
> much like pmwiki's "edit" link for a regular topic

In your site skin template you could include
<!--wiki:$Group.$Name-Comments-->

(is $Name available here?  Not sure?)

To show up at the bottom and even insert a link
to them with an ?action=edit to that page.

Alternatively, you could do this with a GroupFooter and
via Wiki lingo if you prefer that (I know this works):

[[{$Name}-Comments?action=edit| Edit Comments]]

(:include {$Name}-Comments:)

Context after the edit won't return you to the page
containing the comments though.  Not sure if that's
possible.

It's not forum like though... it's more wiki proper.

With that said... I am toying with the idea of doing
a PmForum add on for pmwiki (using the knowledge I've
gained from doing PmCalendar).  It too won't exactly
be like a typical forum (threaded comment) app .. but
maybe it will be (?)... I shouldn't say anything until
I've got something put together.

Chris