[pmwiki-users] Re: Case-insensitive first letter in page or group name (Was: How use lowercase in Group Names)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Sep 29 09:12:18 CDT 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> My point was simply that in this scenario of including spaces, someone
> who *does* want WikiWords enabled on the site has to accept that
> "DocumentationIndex" cannot easily be the same as both
> [[DocumentationIndex]] and [[documentation index]] (since the latter two
> refer to different pages).

I see: [[main/DocumentationIndex]] would go to main.DocumentationIndex,
while [[main/documentation index]] might go to main.documentation_index.

> > However, it would be inconvenient that these don't go to the same page:
> >
> > 	See the [[documentation pages]] for help on different topics.
> > 	[[Documentation pages]] are avaiable for lots of topics.
>
> I think these would continue to go the same page, as we would likely
> be using case-insensitive urls as well...
>
>     .../pmwiki.php/Group/documentation_pages
>     .../pmwiki.php/Group/Documentation_pages
>
> Or, the MakePageLink function could be enhanced so that it takes
> something like [[documentation pages]] and figures out the correct
> case to use in the url based on the target page's name.

Well, I still think the issues ought to be separate, although I suspect
few people would actually want case-sensetivity for the very first letter.

Anyway, it'd be a good solution to leave page resolution up to a function
that the user can override if so desired.

/Christian