[pmwiki-users] another encoding issue

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 28 17:06:26 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 11:14:18PM +0200, nexyufuli evo wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
>
> >The XLPage call for 'de' is switching things back to using the
> >iso-8859-1 character set, which is what the german prompts have been
> >encoded in.
> >
> >You shouldn't need to switch to utf-8, simply putting the line
> >
> >   XLPage('de', 'PmWikiDe.XLPage');
> >
> >(and none of the others) *should* be enough to get umlauts in
> >page names and [[links]].  If it doesn't work, let me know.
>
> hm, it works on links with brakets [[linkname]] but not with CamelCase. See
> http://pmwiki.netstreams.org

That indicates a problem with the internationalization settings on your
PHP or OS -- they aren't recognizing umlaut characters as being
upper or lowercase.  (Note that switching to UTF-8 doesn't solve the
wikiword problem at the moment -- utf-8 in PHP understands even
fewer upper/lowercase characters!)

Can you set $EnableDiag=1; so we can find the version of PHP that
is running?  That might give some clues.